‘Your beginning will seem so small, since your future will flourish’ Job 8:7
‘It is the smallest of all seeds, but when it grows up it is the biggest of all plants’ Matthew 13:31-32
When children start our school they are the youngest and smallest members of our community, they are the smallest of seeds and through our nurturing, education, support and challenge we will help them to grow. We are relentless in our ambition and aspiration for everyone in our community. We value them for who they are and their growth; celebrating their individual gifts, strengths, energy and possibilities.
The shared garden is a big part of our school. It is where we care for plants and animals, where nurture and nature work hand in hand to create things of beauty and wonder. It is at the centre of our school.
At the centre of our school is our garden. At the centre of our community is the home. At the centre of each home is a family that are interdependent and need each other. When everyone is working together each individual and therefore our community will grow.
At Bishop’s Primary School, we strive to:
Our Trust Core Values
Our ‘LIGHT’ Values are designed to help everyone to ‘let their light shine’ [Matthew 5:16] in line with our Trust vision.
Embedding our values in our school
Bishop’s Primary aims to embed our values by providing a safe place where all can succeed through:
- An aspirational culture in which every member of the community desires to be the very best they can be.
- Ambition for every child to maximise their potential regardless of background. All learners seen and treated as individuals, with their individual learning needs met daily to ensure all succeed.
- A curriculum, with literacy and numeracy at it heart, that stretches, challenges, is relevant and provides opportunities to excel, develop skills for the world of work, and which is meaningful and purposeful.
- Every member of our community: parents, children and young people, staff and governors, setting the highest of expectations.
- Teaching that excels in all areas, leading to the very best academic and vocational outcomes for every child and young person.
- Behaviour that enables learning at the highest level to occur and which shows mutual respect for all, self‐discipline and builds confidence in all.
- A culture of a healthy mind in a healthy body. All will be encouraged to participate in physical exercise and to develop a healthy lifestyle, develop team skills, and learn all aspects of healthy competition.
- A tradition that is respected and enables innovation, creativity and boldness.
Christian ethos is fundamental to all aspects of life at Bishop’s Primary – where all are valued equally and included. All respected, nurtured, encouraged and enabled to achieve fullness of life.
Bishop’s Primary School is rigorously reflective and self‐critical, reviewing its practices and seeking continually to improve what it does. All staff are encouraged to be life‐long learners in an engaging professional learning environment which is at the forefront of innovation and a centre of learning excellence.